(Senior) Innovation Consultant
- PNO Consultants Portugal
- 40 Hours
- Lisbon, Porto
About the job
If you are passionate about the world of innovation, we could have the perfect job for you. Building on the continued growth and success of the business, we are looking for a (Senior) Innovation Consultant and Grant Writer to join our enthusiastic team in Portugal.
Operating across all functions of PNO’s core consultancy business, this is a client facing role that will involve:
- Working with clients to qualify their ideas for alignment to available funding programmes and the proactive scanning of new grant opportunities for strategic projects. This will extend across a range of industry sectors including ICT, energy, environment, transport, chemistry, biotechnology and health, and depending on the background of the successful candidate, there will be opportunity to specialize in a particular technology domain.
- Once an opportunity for funding has been identified, conduct primary research including market analysis and literature/patent searches to qualify the competitive landscape and true innovation of a particular idea.
- Working directly with the client to prepare high quality grant applications. This will include innovation project scoping, the compilation of information required for the submission, and writing of the grant proposal covering all aspects of information required by a grantor body from the analysis of the business and market opportunity available, the advancement beyond current technologies offered, the innovation, route to market strategy and impact.
- Working with the client to prepare documents for the grant agreement, reports and claims to comply with the Grantor body requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have the desire to develop their own future client base within Portugal.
PNO Portugal is part of PNO Group – Europe’s largest innovation and funding consultancy. Our team of consultants have extensive experience of all principal national and European funding programs to support start-ups, established SME’s, large enterprises and universities across all research disciplines and sectors (including ICT, energy, environment, transport, chemistry, biotechnology and health). The aim is to identify and secure grant funding for the development of innovative products, processes and services, which address key societal, environmental and economic challenges.
- Scientific university degree, Masters and/or PhD.
- Dynamic team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure towards deadlines.
- English written and oral skills with a proven ability to write professional technical documents with clarity
- Experience in the world of innovation: Consortium formation, proposal preparation, projectmanagement or strategic consultancy
- Knowledge of the Portuguese innovation funding landscape would be desirable as would an understanding of the challenges in commercialising innovations.
- Affinity and preferably experience with commercial account management and networking skills would be a plus.
A day in the life of
a (Senior) Innovation Consultant at PNO Consultants Portugal
Describing a normal day is impossible in a dynamic environment like ours. But let's give it a try and give you some insights on how our colleagues spend their time, working from home or from the office.
The unique opportunity to work with a variety of clients and great network opportunities
Flexible working conditions (office and/or partially home based)
International working environment
The opportunity to learn about cutting edge technology and disruptive market developments
With just a few steps, you can fill out the form and apply for the position.
During the first interview we’ll get to know each other, and you will learn more about the job requirements. We will discuss your competencies and previous work experience as well as the job responsibilities.
During the second interview we discuss the assessment results and if you fit within our team.
Is there a mutual match? In that case we would love to make you an offer. The offer contains your salary and our terms of employment.