Senior Innovation Consultant
- PNO Innovation Belgium
- 32 - 40 Hours
About the job
To realize our future growth ambitions, our PNO office in Brussels area “PNO Innovation” is looking for a Senior Innovation Consultant to lead our energy and environment activities where you will be responsible for the conceptualisation and writing of full EU funding proposals, business development and network expansion, and organisation of key events with partners in the value chain.
As a senior Innovation Consultant, you will be in the lead for the full range of PNO services, including the conceptualisation of new innovative EU grant applications stemming from the participation in EU funded projects where you will be leading activities related to stakeholders, market and business analysis and workshop organisations, and commercial consulting. Typical tasks include:
- Business development where you will be spotting opportunities with partners from the value chain for the generation of new innovative projects;
- Writing of EU grant proposals while conceptualising, visualising and challenging the project ideas and ensuring high quality proposals
- A leading role within EU funded projects from starting up to the realisation of official deliverables;
- As such you will develop the project planning, market and stakeholder analysis, workshops organisation, business plan formulation and exploitation (and/ or replication) strategy planning;
- Execution of high-end innovation consulting services on a senior level, especially for European Institutions, Technology Platforms, Sector Organisations and large corporate clients;
- Expanding your network with potentially interesting partners;
- Keeping yourself updated on the most important developments within your area of expertise and a coaching role towards the junior consultants in our team.
As a truly European company, the PNO Group is dedicated to contributing to the challenges of our society. We offer extensive expertise in crucial sectors such as energy, environment & mobility, bio, food & agro, life sciences & health, ICT, chemistry and education.
We advise and engage in innovation processes, enabled by national and European public funding. We work in networks on the crossroads of academia, industry and public organisations.
We use our European wide network of experienced consultants, with a large clients’ portfolio and proprietary open Innovation instruments (i.e. www.innovationplace.eu), to deliver high quality consultancy with a hands-on mentality.
- You have a (technical) master’s degree or PhD (e.g. chemistry, material sciences, engineering etc.) preferably with focus on emerging energy topics such as batteries, hydrogen or other renewable energies;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in grant writing with track record on successful EU funding proposals developed by you, and experience in business analysis, such as development of business plans, economical analysis, LCA, LCC, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, organizational capabilities, proactive and attention to details;
- Eager to capitalise on your scientific and technological experience and quickly move to the innovation management field where you will manage large consortia and discuss technologies and business matters, and translate this into new project concepts and ideas.
- Capable to work on deadlines and multitask;
- You like to build a strong network;
- Excellent writing, communication and editorial skills in English;
- Creativity and a good dose of humour;
- A senior and flexible team player willing to transfer your knowledge to your colleagues;
- Coaching skills.
A day in the life of
a Senior Innovation Consultant at PNO Innovation Belgium
Describing a normal day is impossible in a dynamic environment like ours. But let's give it a try and give you some insights on how our colleagues spend their time, working from home or from the office.
Personal impact on a sustainable future for our planet
Room for independence and entrepreneurship
Competitive remuneration package
Fringe benefits and a company car
Personal development through training and coaching
Visibility with different bodies of the European Commission
Hybrid working model, Zaventem (Brussels area) and partly from home office
Travel occasionally within Europe
With just a few steps, you can fill out the form and apply for the position.
During the first interview we’ll get to know each other, and you will learn more about the job requirements. We will discuss your competencies and previous work experience as well as the job responsibilities.
The last step in the process is an assignment. This will give us a better view of your style of work.
During the second interview we discuss the assessment results and if you fit within our team.
Is there a mutual match? In that case we would love to make you an offer. The offer contains your salary and our terms of employment.
If you accept the offer, the contract will be drawn up and the onboarding will start!
Curious about the job opening or want more details? Feel free to reach out!
We’re excited about your interest in the position. Whether it’s about the job responsibilities, application process, or anything else, drop us a line. Happy to help.